wartune.CrossField Forum Index

wartune.CrossField
Wartune S1 PST CrossField Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scheduling post (current version v1.2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wartune.CrossField Forum Index -> wartune.heaven -> Suggestions
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Sadman
Administrateur

Male

PostPosted: Fri 9 May - 10:06 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

The objective of this post is to form a systematic approach to forming teams for multiplayer activities. Primary expected benefit is a reduced frequency of occasions where people can not get a team together (at the times accounted for in the system).

Times are minutes past the hour unless specified otherwise.

Abbreviations:
 HOH stands for Hall of Heroes.
 TH stands for Treasure Hunt (meaning the feature where you get maps in Cloud City, not the one where you get cards).
 FI stands for Fast Invite.
 MPD stands for MultiPlayer Dungeon (meaning Nether Forest, Claristun etc).
 MPE stands for MultiPlayer Event (meaning Spire, Tower of Kings etc).
 MPA stands for MultiPlayer Activity (includes both MPD and MPE).
 A 'tick' is the next time slot on the list (for example if you are forming a lv80 MPD team, 1 tick would have passed at xx:30).

Schedule:

xx:00 to xx:02 : Activities involving system message spam (like opening lots of spire chests etc).
 xx:00 to xx:18 : Time to spin BW, get lucky stars etc.
 xx:10 to xx:20 : Players who started a MPA before reset ask for help if they need it.
 xx:18 to xx:20 : {Players who are just offering to help HOH teams post in guild/Cloud City current chat so others know they're available to contact privately.} Would 'obligate' them to wait indefinitely for a request that might not come.
 xx:20 to xx:22 : Orange map TH teams form.
 xx:22 to xx:24 : Purple map TH teams form.
 xx:24 to xx:26 : Blue map TH teams form.
 xx:26 to xx:28 : Green map TH teams form.
 xx:28 to xx:30 : lv80 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:30 to xx:32 : lv70 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:32 to xx:34 : lv65 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:34 to xx:36 : lv60 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:36 to xx:38 : lv55 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:38 to xx:40 : lv50 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:40 to xx:42 : lv45 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:42 to xx:44 : lv40 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:50 to xx:52 : lv35 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:52 to xx:54 : lv30 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:54 to xx:56 : lv25 HOH teams start to form.
 xx:56 to xx:58 : lv20 HOH teams start to form.

Etiquette and Procedure:
 1: {Lock your rooms with the password being the lowest desired level for incoming players. While Nirvana rooms are clearly lv80+ this should help keep low levels out of high level Spire runs etc. Lower leveled players with high BR can enter rooms with higher level passwords at their own risk.} Would result in higher-level players having to guess at passwords when trying to help lower level MPAs.
 2: If you are just planning to help (ie not using an attempt) wait until the next 'tick' before joining a room unless someone explicitly asks for help (eg if you are a lv70+ with no attempt, wait until xx:32 before joining a lv70 HOH room). An exception to this rule is when the time is between 04:00 and 05:00, at which time filling up the room before 05:00 is a higher priority.
 3: Please do not ask for people to join your room outside of private chat (including FIs) until the tick after your scheduled team forming time. The idea behind this is to reduce unnecessary/unproductive chat clutter.
 4: Requests for help etc are up to a designated person per team (by default the person who opened the room). We don't really want multiple people deciding to FI at the same time.
 5: Players who offer to help at xx:18 to xx:20, please post when you are helping someone in guild chat. This rule might need to be modified if this timetable is implemented outside the guild.
 6: When TH teams form, the colour stated is the highest colour map that is planned to be used by the team. For example, if a player has 1 orange and 4 green maps, they can form an orange map team. Note that if this timetable is sufficiently successful, we might end up being able to reliably form teams for single-map runs.

Currently known issues:
 1: There is no level criteria explicitly set in the timetable for TH teams. Less of an issue since the TH monsters are relatively weak but the team leader can set a level limit when they try to form their team.
 2: There is not a way to declare upper/lower BR limits or class requirements that does not use chat.

Please post questions/suggestions/criticisms. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 9 May - 10:06 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
trolishdream
Guild Members
Guild Members

Male

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 23:34 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

I think it's very well thought out but very complicated.

Sadman
Administrateur

Male

PostPosted: Thu 5 Jun - 02:43 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

Where does it start to reach an uncomfortable level of complication?

trolishdream
Guild Members
Guild Members

Male

PostPosted: Thu 5 Jun - 21:39 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

Firstly, at a minimum there are 6 time periods specific to any given player. The first 4 time slots and then a map slot and HOH level appropriate time slot. Secondly, this schedule does not take into account variables such as in game events, or peoples real life play schedule. Lastly I think the use of private chatting in order to form groups is a negative benefit to guild chat since there usually isn't a whole lot of cross chat between multiple groups forming simultaneously anyways.

Sadman
Administrateur

Male

PostPosted: Fri 6 Jun - 04:46 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

Regarding the first 4 time slots(repeated here to give context in case they are changed in the future):
Quote:

xx:00 to xx:02 : Activities involving system message spam (like opening lots of spire chests etc).
 xx:00 to xx:18 : Time to spin BW, get lucky stars etc.
 xx:10 to xx:20 : Players who started a MPA before reset ask for help if they need it.
 xx:18 to xx:20 : {Players who are just offering to help HOH teams post in guild/Cloud City current chat so others know they're available to contact privately.} Would 'obligate' them to wait indefinitely for a request that might not come.
The first one is to try fitting all the system spam into one small block of time to avoid disrupting conversations in the other 58 minutes of the hour. The second one is for preparation (BW) and activities that can't be done in a MPA (JH and Fishing). With JH in particular, I figured it was best to have all the lucky star requests in a time frame where people weren't trying to adjust skills during MPDs etc. The third one is to prioritize helping players who entered a MPA just before reset so they didn't lose their attempt (players who are stuck inside generally don't have fun or help other players with their runs). The fourth one (about players posting that they are available to help) was 'commented out' with the {} and the reasoning behind it being reconsidered was written following the commented out information, so that part of the schedule is effectively non-existent unless a solution to the listed concern is decided on.

Regarding HOH and map team times, I've effectively assumed that players who are going to try to do everything will be able to play at the appropriate times (that is, they won't try to do everything in 1 realtime hour). In the case of HOH teams they will probably have an opportunity to agree to form a maps team right afterwards, which means they won't have to stick to the schedule anyway. Since map teams tend to consist of different level players in my experience (and the current schedule forms teams based on map colour irrespective of level), they might not have the same opportunity to arrange an off-schedule team but I don't see what I can do about that short of setting level ranges on map teams in the schedule (which would add to complexity, especially if there were colour requirements as well).

Regarding people's real life play schedules, I have assumed that they have some flexibility in how they can arrange their schedules (eg they can choose when to take breaks from studying so that their breaks match up with the MPA team forming time in the schedule). If anyone has a suggestion for arranging a group schedule that is friendlier to those who don't have that flexibility I'd like to hear it.

Regarding in-game events, most of them end in the first 30 minutes of the hour, which is another reason why I tried to put the 'single player' activities in that section, to minimize the effect on MPAs (map teams were put earlier to avoid clashing with room-based MPAs). I figure players who are pressed for time are going to have to choose between event and MPA anyway.

Regarding private chatting, if you are talking about 'xx:18 to xx:20', it is no longer applicable due to that section being commented out. If you are referring to this section in Etiquette and Procedure:

Quote:
 3: Please do not ask for people to join your room outside of private chat (including FIs) until the tick after your scheduled team forming time. The idea behind this is to reduce unnecessary/unproductive chat clutter.
it is meant to allow people to attract specific classes or OP characters before FIs are 'authorized' (it was written before 'xx:18 to xx:20' was commented out). I considered using the setting of specific passwords (such as 1 for knight, 2 for mage etc) instead but thought it would interfere with the level-based passwords that were suggested at the time (plus presents unnecessary work for an OP who would have to brute force the room password). Outside of those situations, I agree that it is probably not that useful when it only involves guild members but I am hoping for the schedule to be used across guilds at some point, in which case it should save world chat attempts/bullhorns. I had hoped that it would be possible to easily communicate with people forming multiple rooms for the same MPA by using current chat in Cloud City but it didn't work when I tested it, so arranging to consolidate teams is still not covered.

Please, keep on commenting. Also, do you think I should try to schedule level-based map teams instead of colour-based?

Harabor
Guild Members
Guild Members

Poissons (20fev-20mar) 羊 Chèvre

PostPosted: Thu 3 Jul - 06:42 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

No, please stop scheduling things, that cannot be scheduled.This game should be fun, not a job!

wanghui

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug - 19:41 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad This looks interesting, thanks for bringing it up. Apparently the wartune tanked hard, glad to see they persevered.

Sadman
Administrateur

Male

PostPosted: Mon 1 Sep - 19:42 (2014)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2) Reply with quote

Judging by feedback (and my changed personal circumstances) having a fixed schedule for each run won't be practical for quite a few people. It might still be worth arranging something loose like only trying to form runs after in-game events (BG, WB etc) but that doesn't fix some of the problems I was hoping a fixed schedule would help with (such as having multiple different MPDs needing 1 team member at the same time).

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:53 (2019)    Post subject: Scheduling post (current version v1.2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wartune.CrossField Forum Index -> wartune.heaven -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Xooit.com free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation